With an outstanding track record and unwavering commitment to excellence, they consistently deliver the highest quality products to various industries.
4-Hydroxy-3-methyl-1H-benzimidazol-2-one, with CAS number 1023301-45-2, is a chemical compound with a specific molecular structure. Here’s a description of this compound:
- Chemical Structure: 4-Hydroxy-3-methyl-1H-benzimidazol-2-one has a molecular formula C8H7N3O2 and a chemical structure that consists of a benzimidazole ring with a hydroxyl group (4-Hydroxy) and a methyl group (3-methyl) attached to it. The “1H” indicates that it is a heterocyclic compound, and the “-2-one” suggests the presence of a ketone group.
- Benzimidazole Derivative: Benzimidazole is a bicyclic compound that contains both an imidazole ring and a benzene ring. In this compound, the benzimidazole ring is modified with a hydroxyl group and a methyl group.
- Uses: This compound may have various applications in organic synthesis, chemical research, and development, depending on the specific reactions and products it is used to create. Benzimidazole derivatives are known for their diverse properties and uses in chemistry.
- Research and Development: 4-Hydroxy-3-methyl-1H-benzimidazol-2-one is typically employed in chemical research and development, particularly in the synthesis of various organic molecules for various applications.
- Safety: As with any chemical compound, appropriate safety precautions and handling guidelines should be followed when working with 4-Hydroxy-3-methyl-1H-benzimidazol-2-one to ensure safe laboratory practices.