With an outstanding track record and unwavering commitment to excellence, they consistently deliver the highest quality products to various industries.
|Product Name:||3-(4-Chlorophenyl)glutaric acid|
|Description:||3-(4-Chlorophenyl)glutaric Acid (cas# 35271-74-0) is a compound useful in organic synthesis. Baclofen Impurity 1|
3-(4-Chlorophenyl)glutaric acid, with CAS number 35271-74-0, is a chemical compound with a specific molecular structure. Here’s a description of this compound:
- Chemical Structure: 3-(4-Chlorophenyl)glutaric acid has a molecular formula C11H9ClO4. Its chemical structure consists of a glutaric acid backbone with a 4-chlorophenyl group attached at the third carbon (hence “3-(4-chlorophenyl)”). The glutaric acid core is a five-carbon dicarboxylic acid.
- Organic Acid: This compound is categorized as an organic acid due to the presence of two carboxylic acid (–COOH) groups in its structure. These carboxylic acid groups make it acidic and capable of participating in acid-base reactions.
- Chemical Intermediates: 3-(4-Chlorophenyl)glutaric acid may be used as a chemical intermediate in organic synthesis for the production of other organic compounds. Its precise applications can vary widely, depending on the desired reactions or products.
- Research and Development: It is commonly employed in chemical research and development, particularly in the synthesis of various organic compounds, including pharmaceuticals, agrochemicals, and other fine chemicals.
- Safety: When working with this or any chemical compound, appropriate safety precautions and handling guidelines should be followed to ensure safe laboratory practices.
The specific applications and uses of 3-(4-Chlorophenyl)glutaric acid would depend on the context in which it is used in chemical reactions or the synthesis of other compounds. Researchers and chemists often utilize such compounds to create a wide range of organic molecules for various purposes.