With an outstanding track record and unwavering commitment to excellence, they consistently deliver the highest quality products to various industries.
1-(5-Fluoro-2-hydroxyphenyl)-1-ethanone, with CAS number 394-32-1, is a chemical compound with a specific molecular structure. Here’s a description of this compound:
- Chemical Structure: 1-(5-Fluoro-2-hydroxyphenyl)-1-ethanone has a molecular formula C8H7FO2 and a chemical structure that includes a ketone functional group (1-ethanone) and a phenyl ring with a fluorine atom (5-fluoro) and a hydroxyl group (2-hydroxy) attached to it.
- Organic Compound: This compound is categorized as an organic ketone, which is a type of organic compound containing a carbonyl group (C=O) bonded to two carbon atoms. It also contains a phenyl ring, which is an aromatic ring structure.
- Uses: The specific applications and uses of 1-(5-Fluoro-2-hydroxyphenyl)-1-ethanone can vary, depending on the context in which it is employed. It may have applications in organic synthesis, chemical research, and the development of various organic molecules.
- Research and Development: This compound is typically used in chemical research and development, particularly in the synthesis of organic compounds for various purposes.
- Safety: When working with this or any chemical compound, appropriate safety precautions and handling guidelines should be followed to ensure safe laboratory practices.
The specific applications and uses of 1-(5-Fluoro-2-hydroxyphenyl)-1-ethanone will depend on the goals of the research or synthesis in which it is used. Researchers and chemists often utilize such compounds as intermediates to create a wide range of organic molecules for various purposes.