With an outstanding track record and unwavering commitment to excellence, they consistently deliver the highest quality products to various industries.
|Description:||Perampanel is a novel, noncompetitive AMPA receptor antagonist for the treatment of epilepsy. Also in the treatment of primary generalized tonic-clonic seizures in idiopathic generalized epilepsy. Perampanel is a selective non-competitive a-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazole-propionic acid receptor antagonist that reduces neuronal excitation (1,2,3,4).|
Perampanel (CAS 380917-97-5) is a medication that belongs to the class of antiepileptic drugs. It is used for the treatment of epilepsy, specifically as an adjunctive therapy in patients with partial-onset seizures or generalized tonic-clonic seizures.
Perampanel(CAS 380917-97-5) works by targeting and blocking specific receptors in the brain known as AMPA receptors. These receptors are involved in the transmission of signals between neurons, and their overactivity can contribute to the development of seizures. By inhibiting AMPA receptors, perampanel helps reduce the excessive neuronal activity associated with seizures.
Some key points about perampanel include:
- Mechanism of Action: Perampanel selectively blocks AMPA receptors, which leads to a decrease in the excitability of neurons and a reduction in seizure activity.
- Indications: Perampanel is indicated as an adjunctive treatment for patients aged 4 years and older with partial-onset seizures or primary generalized tonic-clonic seizures.
- Dosage and Administration: The dosage of perampanel varies depending on factors such as age, weight, and other medications being taken. It is typically administered orally as a tablet or suspension.
- Efficacy: Clinical studies have shown that perampanel can significantly reduce seizure frequency and improve seizure control when used as an adjunctive therapy in patients with epilepsy.
- Side Effects: Common side effects of perampanel may include dizziness, somnolence (excessive sleepiness), fatigue, irritability, aggression, and behavioral changes. Less common but more serious side effects may include psychiatric symptoms, suicidal thoughts, and allergic reactions.
- Precautions and Interactions: Perampanel may interact with other medications, so it’s important to inform healthcare providers about all current medications. It should be used with caution in patients with hepatic impairment or a history of psychiatric disorders.
As with any medication, it is crucial to follow the prescribed dosage and consult a healthcare professional for guidance and monitoring. They can provide personalized information about perampanel’s benefits, potential side effects, and any specific precautions that need to be taken.
Perampanel (CAS 380917-97-5) is primarily used as a medication for the treatment of epilepsy. Here are some key applications of perampanel:
- Epilepsy Treatment: Perampanel is approved for use as an adjunctive therapy in patients with epilepsy. It is prescribed to individuals aged 4 years and older who have partial-onset seizures or primary generalized tonic-clonic seizures that are not adequately controlled with other antiepileptic drugs. By targeting and blocking AMPA receptors in the brain, perampanel helps reduce seizure activity and improve seizure control.
- Seizure Control: Perampanel is effective in reducing the frequency and severity of seizures in patients with epilepsy. It can be used as part of a comprehensive treatment plan to help manage and control seizures, improving the quality of life for individuals living with epilepsy.
It’s important to note that perampanel should only be used under the supervision of a healthcare professional experienced in the management of epilepsy. The dosage and administration of perampanel will vary based on factors such as the patient’s age, weight, and response to treatment. Regular monitoring and adjustments may be necessary to optimize its effectiveness and minimize potential side effects.