With an outstanding track record and unwavering commitment to excellence, they consistently deliver the highest quality products to various industries.
5-Methoxytryptamine, with CAS number 608-07-1, is a chemical compound that is also known as 5-MeOT or 5-MeO-tryptamine. It is a naturally occurring compound and a derivative of tryptamine, which is a common building block of various neurotransmitters and psychoactive substances.
|Description:||A tryptamine derivative that is closely related to the neurotransmitter Melatonin (M215000) and Serotonin (S274980). It acts as a full agonist at the 5-HT1, 5-HT2, 5-HT4, 5-HT6, and 5-HT7 receptors but has no affinity for the 5-HT3 receptor (1,2,3,4). Melatonin USP Related Compound A.|
5-Methoxytryptamine, with CAS number 608-07-1, is a chemical compound that is also known as 5-MeOT or 5-MeO-tryptamine. It is a naturally occurring compound and a derivative of tryptamine, which is a common building block of various neurotransmitters and psychoactive substances. Here’s a description of 5-Methoxytryptamine:
- Chemical Structure: 5-Methoxytryptamine is a tryptamine derivative with a molecular formula of C11H12N2O and a chemical structure that includes an indole ring, a side chain, and a methoxy (CH3O) group attached at the 5-position of the indole ring.
- Natural Occurrence: 5-Methoxytryptamine is found in trace amounts in various plants and animals, including some species of mushrooms, certain tree barks, and even in the human body as a trace metabolite.
- Psychoactivity: 5-Methoxytryptamine is known for its psychoactive properties. It is a serotonin receptor agonist and can lead to altered states of consciousness when ingested. Some people use it for its hallucinogenic effects, though it is not as widely known or used as other substances with similar properties.
- Research: 5-Methoxytryptamine is of interest in the field of neuroscience and psychopharmacology due to its effects on serotonin receptors. It has been studied for its potential role in understanding the serotonin system and its relation to mental health and consciousness.
- Legal Status: The legal status of 5-Methoxytryptamine can vary by country and jurisdiction. In some places, it may be regulated or prohibited due to its psychoactive properties.
- Safety: As with any psychoactive compound, there are potential risks associated with the use of 5-Methoxytryptamine, including psychological and physical effects. Its use should be approached with caution, and it is important to be aware of the legal status and regulations in your area.
It’s essential to emphasize that the use of psychoactive substances, including 5-Methoxytryptamine, should be approached with great care, respect for local laws, and consideration of potential risks and benefits. If you are interested in or have questions about the use of such substances, it is strongly advised to seek guidance from medical professionals or experts in the field.