With an outstanding track record and unwavering commitment to excellence, they consistently deliver the highest quality products to various industries.
|Description:||2,6-Diphenylphenol is used in the synthesis of (+)-Peloruside A, an antimitotic agent with paclitaxel-like microtubule stabilizing activity.|
2,6-Diphenylphenol, with CAS number 2432-11-3, is a chemical compound that belongs to the class of organic compounds known as phenols. Here’s a description of 2,6-Diphenylphenol:
- Chemical Structure: 2,6-Diphenylphenol has a molecular formula C18H14O and a chemical structure consisting of a phenol ring (an aromatic ring with a hydroxyl group) with two phenyl groups (C6H5) attached at positions 2 and 6 of the phenol ring.
- Physical Properties: 2,6-Diphenylphenol is a white to off-white crystalline solid at room temperature. It is sparingly soluble in water but more soluble in organic solvents like ethanol and acetone.
- Uses: This compound is used in various applications, including as a chemical intermediate in the synthesis of other organic compounds and in some industrial processes. It may also be used in research settings as a reagent or substrate in chemical reactions.
- Antioxidant Properties: Some phenolic compounds, including 2,6-Diphenylphenol, have antioxidant properties. Antioxidants can help protect materials and substances from oxidative damage caused by free radicals.
- Safety: As with any chemical compound, proper handling and safety precautions should be observed when working with 2,6-Diphenylphenol. This includes using appropriate protective equipment and following established safety guidelines.