what is the Chemistry of Dihydroxybutyrophenone (CAS 4390-92-5)
In the world of organic chemistry, a compound’s name often hints at its structure and properties. Dihydroxybutyrophenone is no exception. While the name might sound complex, it’s a fascinating chemical with applications in various industries. In this blog, we’ll delve into the world of Dihydroxybutyrophenone, explore its characteristics, and discover its potential uses.
Understanding Dihydroxybutyrophenone(CAS 4390-92-5):
Dihydroxybutyrophenone, identified by its Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) number 4390-92-5, is a member of the butyrophenone family. Its systematic name reveals much about its structure:
- Molecular Formula: C10H12O4
- Molecular Weight: Approximately 196.2 g/mol
- Appearance: Dihydroxybutyrophenone is typically found as a white to light yellow crystalline powder.
The name itself hints at the compound’s structure: it’s a butyrophenone core (a ketone group attached to a butyl chain) with hydroxyl groups (OH) at the 2nd and 4th positions on a phenyl ring.
Applications of Dihydroxybutyrophenone(CAS 4390-92-5):
- Chemical Synthesis: Dihydroxybutyrophenone(CAS 4390-92-5) is a versatile intermediate in the synthesis of various organic compounds. Its reactivity allows chemists to create molecules with diverse structures and properties, making it invaluable in the production of chemicals for various industries.
- Pharmaceuticals: In the pharmaceutical industry, Dihydroxybutyrophenone can serve as a building block in the synthesis of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs). It can be incorporated into the structure of drugs, enhancing their properties and effectiveness.
- Research and Development: Researchers use Dihydroxybutyrophenone in laboratory settings to investigate its reactivity, chemical transformations, and potential applications. It’s a valuable tool for studying the synthesis of novel materials and molecules.
Safety is a paramount concern when working with any chemical compound. It is crucial to follow proper handling, storage, and disposal guidelines, as outlined in safety data sheets (SDS) provided by manufacturers and suppliers.
Dihydroxybutyrophenone (CAS 4390-92-5) might have a complex name, but its applications are widespread and versatile. This compound’s unique structure and reactivity make it a valuable component in the toolkit of chemists, particularly in the field of organic chemistry. From pharmaceuticals to research and development, Dihydroxybutyrophenone(CAS 4390-92-5) plays a critical role in advancing various scientific endeavors. Understanding its properties and potential uses sheds light on the fascinating world of organic chemistry.
For more than 30 years, Shandong Voyage Ocean Biotechnology ’s expertise in chemical intermediate products is unrivaled. Our dedication to delivering high-quality solutions has earned an excellent reputation in the industry. Partnering with us ensures access to a large and reliable supply of chemical intermediates, specialty raw materials, OLED materials and UV absorbers, organic intermediates, organic chemicals, pharmaceutical intermediates, pesticide intermediates, essence fragrances.