Pullulan, with the Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) number 9057-02-7, is a unique substance with various applications and characteristics. Here’s a comprehensive overview:
Pullulan(CAS No. 9057-02-7) General Information
- Chemical Name: Pullulan
- CAS Number: 9057-02-7
- EC Number: 232-945-1
- Molecular Formula: The specific molecular formula is not specified.
Properties and Production
- Nature: Pullulan is a polysaccharide, a type of carbohydrate composed of sugar molecules.
- Source of Production: It is produced from starch by cultivating the yeast Aureobasidium pullulans.
Applications and Uses
- In Cosmetics: Pullulan is listed as a cosmetic ingredient and acts as a film former. It’s widely used in the cosmetics industry for its properties.
- In Laboratories: It is used as a laboratory chemical and for the synthesis of other substances.
Availability and Suppliers
- Suppliers: Various suppliers, including Sigma-Aldrich and Glentham Life Sciences, offer Pullulan for purchase.
- Form: It’s available in different forms, likely tailored to specific uses or industries.
Safety and Handling
- Safety Data Sheets (SDS): Suppliers like Sigma-Aldrich provide Safety Data Sheets for Pullulan, indicating its safe handling, storage, and usage procedures.
- Pullulan’s versatility in applications, from laboratory research to cosmetics, highlights its importance in various scientific and commercial sectors. Its unique properties, such as being a polysaccharide produced from yeast cultivation, demonstrate the innovative methods used in its production.
This overview of Pullulan (CAS No. 9057-02-7) covers its basic characteristics, applications, and safety information, providing a thorough understanding of this chemical substance.
Shandong Voyage Ocean Biotechnology ’s expertise in chemical intermediate products is unrivaled. Our dedication to delivering high-quality solutions has earned an excellent reputation in the industry. Partnering with us ensures access to a large and reliable supply of chemical intermediates, specialty raw materials, OLED materials and UV absorbers, organic intermediates, organic chemicals, pharmaceutical intermediates, pesticide intermediates, essence fragrances.